Sorsogon Surprise

What an crazy weather yesterday. I left Las Pinas sunny and arrived in Makati with a drizzle, with no umbrella, of all times. As I was briskwalking towards an airline ticket office, I saw a magazine in this small store in Ayala MRT station that really caught my attention. Finally, CRUISING going places, travel magazine of Manila Bulletin, June 2011 issue is out. I was hoping that our province will be featured here but to what extent I have no idea. For those who may not know, I was born and raised in Sorsogon. Our place has been misplaced so many times in the map by Filipinos, assumed that it was part of Socsargen or never heard by a foreign tourist or is that near Donsol? Oh well, I don't really mind as it is just like Anilao and Mabini or Boracay and Malay, tales of top Philippine destinations.

Going back to the magazine, I got it, paid for it, I didn't even bother to have it wrapped because of Mother Earth and I'm so excited to read it, in my lingo NOW NA. The cover is Intramuros, (there goes the hope of being in the cover) but on the right side is titled SORSOGON SURPRISE. What a surprise indeed. 


Now that I have a copy, using my nokia my triple sim phone and i phone, I was calling everyone everywhere to buy 10 copies now na. I don't know why some are so busy and are not taking my calls. This is important. Even our caretaker Lino is in the article, or Leni's 'pinakro' or our super sweet buko juice-much sweeter-than-Tagaytay. Now I will have to taste test that buko juice again because I always refuse to drink it. What was I thinking! 

With the feeling of gratefulness and happiness, (feeling of pride not included), I thank the travel writer Otep Bautista for visiting our province (while I was away, of all times!) and giving it a 10 page well deserved-article. I think this is the debut of our town Sta. Magdalena in printed media



This clip below has a personal significance to me. This has the photo where my parents got married in Barcelona 40 years ago. The photo of the local with 'lato' gathered from the reef in front of our beach house. And it has the iconic ricefield-coconut trees-Bulusan volcano view where you can see from almost every town of the 2nd district. At first I thought this is in our backyard. Nah! It was taken in Bulusan. But seriously I can come up with a photo very simililar to that.  Anywhere you go in Sorsogon you will have that photo, after all we are just one province.



Comments

Popular Posts