Casaroro Falls, Valencia



Casaroro Falls.

Personally, I dont like falls. Usually it takes an uphill and downhill trek to get there except Tamaraw Falls where it is by the roadside going to Puerto Galera from Calapan.

Casaroro Falls is located in the town of Valencia, a town adjacent to Dumaguete.. some kilometers after Forest Camp.

The first trip to Casaroro is with my husband. We took a jeep to Valencia town proper and a tricycle to forest camp. From Forest camp we started walking uphill. GQ suggested that we take the 'single' to the falls for only Php 100.00. I refused. If it is only Php 100 for 2 person, it must be near. One of the biggest mistake in my entire travel life. It is an steady uphill 'trek' to the falls that started from a cemented road up to dirt roads. We came unprepared and unfit for this, or I came unprepared. When we reached the entrance to the falls, lo and behold, its all down hill. Before I can even think of the falls, I was already thinking of how to go back up to this entrance. It will give me a coronary. But since we have walked at least 2 hours with at least 8 stops to drink water or soda, we started to descend to the falls. Casaroro Falls is a hidden falls. You will not see it unless you are standing in front of the falls. Oh what a beauty. I cant say that it is worth the near heart attack moments because of exhaustion, but definitely worth my holiday in Negros. It is the single drop falls that I have ever seen in the Philippines and I am so impressed by it. As we made our way with the boulders to reach the base of the falls, we swim for a bit but it is very cold and the water is not very clear. I always have this apprehension with freshwater but dont let me stop you from dipping into the water. Now, here is the bigger problem, going back to Dumaguete. On our way back, I kept telling my husband, don't ever invite me to Casaroro Falls ever again. Just don't.


Three months later, I invited my cousin visiting from the States to come with me to Casaroro Falls. hahaha! Yeah yeah. But this time, we hired a 'single' to bring us to Casaroro Falls. Is there a downside to this executive climb? Yes. You dont have a warm up before the steep downhill and uphill climb to the Falls. But the view, never ceases to amaze me.

Who's coming with me next?

Comments

Popular Posts