Diplomat Hotel Cebu

On my recent overnight in Cebu for a business trip, with a budget constraint, found it so hard to decide where to stay. As much as I want to go upscale but there is the economics to consider. With constant online check, browse through all contracted rates, check reviews. Where? Time is running out. Where is that value for money hotel we are all looking for.

As I always hear it from clients, it has be cheap, good location, clean, not noisy but accessible to everything spacious room, no bedbugs, is ok even if you are a lady traveling alone. It has to exist right? Otherwise I will run out of business. Its like asking for Makati Shangrila for only 500 pesos with buffet breakfast and free upgrade. Seriously, it is asking for La Carmela de Boracay in Cebu. Oopss.... I just might have given Sir Boy a new possible venture.

Ok. Here it is.

DIPLOMAT HOTEL in F. Ramos. The cheapest room is the standard room for Php 1,040, but I dont get it. It is located in the main wing, meaning old wing. I chose the rooms in the new wing which starts at superior room for Php 1,360.00. You got 2 beds. Spacious rooms. It has windows, to make sure that it is not musty. It has tv with Fox on it. Hot and cold shower. Next street is BDO if you need money. A short walk will bring you to Bo's for caffeine fix. Few meters away is Fuente Osmena. Meaning walking distance to Crown Regency sky adventure, Grocery at Robinsons, souvenir at the 24hours Shamrock store, Larsian for BBQ addicts, Robinson's cybergate if you want to try the popular Golden Cowrie. There are a lot of taxi passing thru. Jeepneys as well but you cant hear this cars from your room. Not so far from the South Terminal for buses going to Dumaguete or Carcar. From the airport , metered taxi from the departure area will only cost you Php 160.00. And the crowd, acceptable. Acceptable meaning no visible ladies of the night, if you know what I mean. Staff courteous enough but not over friendly. Not bad right?

In the middle of the night, I wanted to have coffee. I called the front desk if I can ask for hot water. They are willing to let me borrow a water heater but there is no cup in the room. Rooms have sterilized glasses but I cant use that for hot water right. Oh well, I just dont want to use glass for hot water, I prefer cups. No big deal, it is just coffee at midnight. I can always skip it.

Comments

Popular Posts