Dumaguete, Hanoi of the Philippines

Dumaguete is not Apo Island or the other way around. Dumaguete is the Hanoi of Philippines in terms of number of motorcycles in the streets and the number of drivers without helmet and passengers to. Welcome to Dumaguete! For a person who is afraid of crossing the street without a pedestrian lane (like me), living in this part of Negros would be like living in a desert, you are not sure if you are going to survive it esp during mid summer day. With much 'good luck', this is my new home.

My betterhalf always say that Dumaguete is a place that you will either love it or leave it. Obviously, he do love it, next to me , I hope. c";) Why? On a macroscopic level, Dumaguete is just an ordinary city in the Visayas but when you happen to comb thru the place, you will discover small/big stores or restaurants that will make you keep on coming back.

Lets start with shopping. The Tiangge. I love the fruits here. If its in season, it will be rock bottom cheap. Siniguelas, mangosteen, native bananas.. And the ever yummy tuod (true) mango that can compete with Guimaras or Leon Mango. Tops and Bottoms and Unitop. Tools for mechanics, carpenters and farmers (like us), this is really it. Some days I'm just so inspired to hoard the items in Tops and sell it in Manila or Bicol. Its that cheap.

Comments

Popular Posts