Bintan Island, Indonesia


Its a challenge for me to describe this place, its beautiful, well maintained, long strip of white sand beach, complete amenities but ordinary? Is there such a thing? Yes that is Bintan Island for me.

Upon arrival in the port, we immediately changed our Singapore dollars to Indonesian Rupiah. We are staying in an island resort so most likely there will be a scarcity of money changers (That's what we thought.) All over Bintan, they are using Singapore dollars are the major currency. In the ferry terminal, there are many buses and vans that will bring guests to their preferred resorts, usually complimentary or part of their packages. On our way to the resort, I noticed that there are no houses or establishments in the main highway, just trees and bushes and roads leading to resorts. Not that it really matters to me, but I find it extraordinary especially coming for someone coming from the Philippines.

Comments

Popular Posts